Vidhwa Pension Yojana: According to the Indian Constitutional Amendment Act 1993, widow pension was decentralised, and its implementation, which was controlled by the Social Welfare Department of the State Government, was carried out as per the amended rules of the Government. /span> institutions. ;S Order No. GO(P) 11/97 dated 07/04/1997. All the local bodies are engaged in looking after the application, grant, processing and distribution of widow pension. Keeping the above in mind, the name of widow pension offered by Uttar Pradesh is Widow Pension Scheme. Local self-government
Eligibility Criteria for Vidhwa Pension Yojana
Widows falling in the following categories can avail widow pension:
- A widow who falls below the poverty line is eligible to receive government benefits for widowhood.
- A widow whose age is between 18 to 60 years is eligible to avail the benefits of widow pension.
- A widow whose family income is less than Rs 1 lakh per annum is eligible to avail the widow pension amount.
- The widow who is unmarried can join the Widow Pension Scheme.
Note: Different states in India may have different eligibility criteria.
Documents required for Vidhwa Pension Yojana
- applicant photo
- ID Proof (Voter Card/Ration Card/Aadhar Card)
- Birth certificate
- bank passbook
- husband’s death certificate
- I Certificate
Note: Different states in India may have a different set of required documents.
How to apply for Vidhwa Pension Yojana?
The applicant can apply for widow pension online or offline by visiting the corporation office.
- For online application:
- Log in to the official website of the state.
- Select the option that asks to download or fill the form.
- Fill this form duly and either download it in Word file or print it directly.
- After filling all the details, the applicant will have to submit this form to the District Panchayat Officer or Municipal Corporation Commissioner.
For offline application: To apply offline, one has to go to the office of the Municipal Corporation Commissioner or District Panchayat officer. From there they can get the application form without any fee.
Note: The application process may vary according to states in India.
Benefits of Vidhwa Pension Yojana
Widows can get the following benefits from this scheme:
- The Government of India provides financial assistance through the Widow Pension Scheme.
- The recipient receives Rs 300 per month from the date of her husband’s death.
- The pension is transferred directly to the recipient’s account.
- Recipients above 80 years of age receive Rs 500 every month.
How much does a widow get from widow pension?
Different states provide different amounts to the widows of their state. However, most states provide Rs 300 to Rs 500 per month.
Who is eligible for widow pension?
The recipient must be a widow, below the poverty line and a resident of the state under which she is applying for the Widow Pension Scheme. Age groups and other factors vary from state to state and are not general.
Does the wife get her state pension when her husband dies?
When a husband dies, some entitlement to state pension may be passed on to his wife (widow). However, widows may receive an additional state pension if they are entitled to it when they reach state pension age.
Do widows get the benefit of old age pension?
Old age pension is given to women aged 60 years or more. To avail the benefit of this scheme, the maximum income of the beneficiary should be Rs 2000 per month.
What should be the minimum age of a widow to avail pension?
To avail pension, the widow must be 18 years of age or above 18 years.